Saturday, September 15, 2012

August blocks

In the Sunday Morning Quilts bee, the color for August was green. So I sent these two lovelies off to Charlotte:


(Remember those great deer from my first failed iPad case?)

And I received two blocks from Wendy. Who is British. I love international mail.

::::::::::

This was my contribution in August for do. Good Stitches. We were asked to make a 16-patch sawtooth star with a gray patterned background, and bright pink, mustard and navy. Tamiko will be assembling this quilt and quilting it up.

I paid close attention to the orientation of each fabric as I pieced the block and I really love the result. The pink seeds going both horizontally and vertically create nice visual movement, don't they? And the shooting stars exploding out of the center are fun.

And then, do you remember my July block, with the raindrop center? It's quilted! Look what Claire has done:
My block is on the top right. It looks gorgeous, Claire! (That's her photo, above.) And now it's off to comfort a child through Project Linus.

::::::::::

Next up: the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee is sewing with red. And for do. Good Stitches, we're doing a stacked quilt block in oranges and yellows. It's looking very sunset-ish across the top of my dining room sewing table.


_________________________
 Flattr this